Monday, May 10, 2010

Home prep

As I was playing over the PGNs of the 2009-2010 UAAP games (complete PGNs courtesy of Bobby Ang), this particular game below reminds me of the importance of the elementary study of patterns in improving one's chess skills.

I strongly believe that the winning player in this game didn't really use his over-the-board analysis, as his spectacular winning move, I guess, was purely a result of a home preparation.

Still, this particular tactically explosive game amused me. It's a game worth replaying, especially the tactical set-up for the win.

This game was played between Joey Alberto Florendo of the University of Sto. Tomas and Reggie Mel Santiago of National University for Round 2 match in the Seniors Division.

Watch out for White's 17th move!!
REQUIRES JAVA



0 Comments: