Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sicilian by the beach

The term "vacation" alone is already refreshing. But adding the word "chess" to "vacation" makes it more enjoyable.

That's what I did when my family took our annual trip to Marinduque, my beloved province, for our Christmas vacation last December.

Let me share with you some images of how I spent my Christmas vacation . . .

Me and my visitor Angelo Comendador (a.k.a. angelofdeath) who arrived from Manila having Sicilian skirmishes on the white shore of White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque. A taste of red wine and roasted fresh fish in between moves, ahhh. In the background is Mt. Malindig, a dormant volcano.

My wife said, "Nag-beach pa tayo eh maglalaro rin lang naman pala kayo ng chess!"

The water and sand is really inviting. But that can wait, we still had to mate each other's King.

White Beach is the favorite beach destination of Marinduqueños . . . Notice the peacefulness of this paradise. Marinduque has the lowest crime rate in the country. Marinduqueños are kind-hearted. Visit our province and feel the serene smiles of its people.

My daughter, KC, and son, LK, frolicking in a beautiful paradise designed by God. My daughter asked me, "Tatay, dito na tayo titira?"

My Queen who makes my chess life very enjoyable . . .

0 Comments: