Monday, June 15, 2009

Stephen Rome Pangilinan and the media

Somebody named Michol from GMA-7 texted me this message this morning:

“Good morning. Hi dis is Michol of GMA 7 Mel & Joey. I got ur number in ur website. I just want to ask how can I get in touch with Stephen Rome Pangilinan, a Pinoy kid won in Las Vegas international chess festival? Gusto po sana namin cia i-feature po in Mel & Joey. Thanks po.”
I just gave Michol (who has this cellular phone number 0929-682-6597) the contact number of Bong, Stephen’s very supportive father. It’s up to them now to arrange everything.

I’m just happy that this blog has been becoming a messenger of good things – somehow – for our young chess players.
Stephen has been getting media spotlight lately. Recently, he was already featured in ABS-CBN upon his return from his successful stint in Las Vegas. Watch the VIDEO.

0 Comments: