Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Technology and chess coverage

I'm already excited to drop by the Duty Free Shop in ParaƱaque City to observe how the 4th PGMA Cup goes on.

What I am hoping to see is a better staging of the 3rd PGMA Cup. But let me be clear. I am not saying that the staging last year was not good. In fact, for me, as I said before, it was already satisying, if not outstanding.

I am hoping to see better use of technology both in online coverage of games and at the venue itself. Wide screen projection at the venue for live games of top boards and real-time online coverage of top board encounters are basic requirements.

See the coverage of Spice Cup 2009 where the Philippines' No.1 GM is participating? Spice Cup is being staged in the US but it comes to us here in the Philippines, and anywhere in the world, as if it's just being held near us. So far, yet so near - because of good coverage.

What about the coverage of the PGMA Cup? We will see. Please, oh, please . . . save ourselves from this line "So near, yet so far."

0 Comments: