Thursday, September 24, 2009

No signal

Sorry folks. It seems that the National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP), the organizer of PGMA Cups, will not put up online coverage for the live broadcast of top-board actions in the 4th PGMA Cup.

This is what I’m itchy about. And so we end up with the saying “So near, yet so far.” What happened? Less budget for this year’s PGMA Cup?

Last year in the 3rd PGMA Cup, we were lucky to watch real-time online coverage of top-board actions. I was expecting that this year’s staging would be better than last year. Ah, to my delusion.

Most probably, we have to content ourselves with the game results and pairings at chess-results.com.

Did I hear it right that the Philippines will bat for holding the Chess Olympiad again in the country in 2014? Oh my, I don’t know what to say.

0 Comments: