Thursday, January 28, 2010

Puyat

You read it right. That’s PUYAT. But no, that’s not the name of a well-known billiards sportsman here in the Philippines.

That’s the Filipino term for ‘wakeful.’ But the English word ‘wakeful’ does not appeal to me – that is, it doesn’t tell exactly what I mean.

“Puyat,” I love the term. That’s what GM Wesley So does to me every night he has a game in Corus Chess 2010 in the Netherlands.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. It’s just that ‘puyat’ has become the ‘term of the month’ for January among Wesley fans here in the Philippines.

For sure, the So vs Giri duel tonight will make me – and all the other Philippines-based Wesley fans – ‘puyat’ again. Good thing is, my wife is not complaining either. Truth is, the name ‘Wesley’ has already become a household term in our home.

My point? ‘Puyat’ becomes a sweet nectar rarely found on earth whenever Wesley weaves a wizardry over the board. And since ‘puyat’ is a nocturnal thing, it serves as an orgasmic spell whenever Wesley ekes out a win.

'Puyat' and Wesley's win is a marriage well celebrated.

2 Comments:

Tony said...

Ayos til tonite.

Pakisali ng UAAP updates rds 6 and 7 next week, games are this weekend.

STCAA and NCR Meets heating up, most are sked this Feb I think

ray said...

Papost nman Potrero Non-Master Chess Tournament on Jan. 31(Sun), 7 rnds- 25 mins. 3k Champ, 2K 2nd, 1K 1st. Reg. Fee is only 100. to be officiated by Boyet Tardecilla of Napca. For more info call/text 09185422126, 09287081986. tnx