Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Honor roll

I'd just like to commend our youth who did well in the Asian Youth Chess Championship 2011. Let me cite those who made it in the Top 5 of each age category.

Since I am not sure of the respective medals won by our players , I think I'd be safe simply by citing their final rankings. (Ah, ok, I visited NCFP's website and the medal awardees were already named, courtesy of Journal sports editor Ed Andaya. I'm not sure though if Sir Ed is part of the NCFP.)

I believe that more than the medals and monetary incentives, our deserving youth players need a morale boost to at least make them smile. And for the parents who have provided all the sacrifices for them, the public's recognition of the successes of their kids could be priceless.

(Standard, Individual)

OPEN U-16

1PHIFMGarcia Jan Emmanuel
4PHI
Lagula Dominique

OPEN U-8
2 PHI
Gutierrez Dennis IIIPHI

GIRLS U-18
2PHI
Fronda Jan Jodilyn
5PHIWFMCamacho Chardine Cheradee

GIRLS U-16
3PHIWFMMejia Cherry Ann
4PHI
Frayna Janelle Mae

GIRLS U-12
2PHI
Revita Samantha Glo
3PHI
San Diego Marie Antoinette

0 Comments: