Sunday, March 20, 2011

GM Julio Catalino Sadorra

What a soothing Monday morning! I opened my inbox and read the letter of Sir Chalito Sadorra, the father of the newly minted Filipino grandmaster - GM Julio Catalino Sadorra.

If I were Sir Bing, I'd probably celebrate this magnificent feat of his prized son with prayers and tears of joy.

I don't know, but I strongly feel that Sir Bing has sacrificed a lot, endured and persevered for long years,provided all the support for his son, and did all of it the Christian way.

I am one of those who warmly follow the chess career of Ino, one of those who strongly believed that this young Filipino talent would finally make it big.

What I like best in the success story of GM Sadorra is the father-and-son tandem, centered on God, manifested in their effective strategy and tactics in marrying chess, education, and family.

GM Ino's is a kind of story worth retelling and retelling in celebrating an inspiring Christian Filipino family.

It's the kind of story that makes me smile and feel good as I do blog, the kind of story that can inspire me to continue to blog, hoping that it could inspire others to go for their dreams, too.

Congratulations, Sir Bing, GM Ino, and your family.

Let me share with you the letter of Sir Bing:

Dear Rusticbull,

We are happy to inform you and our kababayans that our son Julio C. Sadorra finally obtained his 3rd and final GM norm in the ongoing UT Dallas Grandmaster Invitational underwritten by Turner Construction Company, a (12 round) double round robin Scheveningen System tournament sanctioned by the United States Chess Federation and a FIDE rated, held in Dallas, Texas, USA.

He obtained the required GM norm at the 10th round.

Please view the ongoing tournament at the Monroi http://monroi.com/watch/?tnm_id=1485

and the UTD chess site at http://www.utdallas.edu/chess/springgm/springgm-2011-results.html

http://www.utdallas.edu/chess/springgm/springgm-2011-images.htmltp://www.utdallas.edu/chess/springgm/

Again, we would like to thank all our kababayans in the Filipino Diaspora who have been cheering, encouraging, hoping, declaring and praying for Julio’s GM title.

Chalito (Bing), Luisa, Julio(Ino) and family

0 Comments: