Tuesday, March 9, 2010

GM Judit Polgar shows how to beat the Sicilian Dragon

GM Judit Polgar was one of the reasons why I got addicted to chess. More than her beauty, Judit can weave a masterpiece over the board like a ruthless general who feared nobody.

Courage. Tactics. Killer instinct. Wild. Sharp. Things that make chess exciting. Judit's like the "Joan of Arc" in chess, a heroine that serves as inspiration to many.

Last February, I religiously followed the GM Judit Polgar - GM Gregory Kaidanov Sicilian Theme Match. I loved it!! It's not only that I always enjoy watching the games of Judit, it's more of me who's addicted to Sicilian, especially the Dragon variation.

And what a treat indeed!! GM Judit Polgar never failed to entertain her legion of fans, me included. In this Game 2 match, Judit showed the way how to win brutally in a Sicilian Dragon battle with White.

Sicilian Theme Match
White "J. Polgar"
Black "G. Kaidanov"
ANNOTATION from GM Susan Polgar's blog
REQUIRES JAVA







I will also post here the remaining three matches between Polgar and Kaidanov - with annotation. Watch out for it!! Enjoy!!

0 Comments: