Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Emir Gamis aka "Pulsar" beats GM Jayson Gonzales

(IN PHOTO: "Pulsar" in deep-concentration mode that made him win.)

You read the title just right. Emir Gamis aka Pulsar, a Barangay Wesley citizen, beat GM Jayson Gonzales during the latter's fund-raising simul exhibition in Meralco recently.

We can now ask him how it feels beating a GM, knowing that not all chess addicts have the chance to achieve what he had just accomplished.

"This is the first time I won against a GM, although this is just a simul. I'm happy for this, of course," said Pulsar.

"I am glad that I now have a treasured story to share with my grandchildren in the future," he added.

Ah, that's it. Each of us chess addicts would like to have a good chess story of ours to remember and tell over and over again. Beating a GM, I think, would be among the best stories of them all.

But of course, beating a GM is just the secondary beauty that Pulsar experienced during GM Gonzales' simul.

The real essence - that really made him a genuine winner - was his voluntary and warm support to a social cause.

Let's watch his winning game:


0 Comments: