Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Pope

I learned that Iranian GM Amir Bagheri (2490) is the owner of chesshere.com -- now my favorite chess site where I play free online chess under my handle name rusticbull.

My free account at Bagheri's chess server allows me to play 5 games in 24 hours. I have to acquire a premium account should I wish to enjoy the server's full benefits including ulimited games and a lot more.

I have no financial or any connection with chesshere.com but I highly recommend the site for FREE online game experience. Of course, you could sign up for a premium account if you desire.

I somehow feel sorry that the owner of chesshere.com, the online site where I play free blitz chess (don't mind my rating, hehe, am just a beginner) lost his Round 5 game in the ongoing Dresden Olympiad.

At the same time, however, I feel happy because the Filipino GM-strength IM John Paul "The Pope" Gomez won his Round 5 assignment.

It just so happened that it was GM Amir Bagheri whom "The Pope" defeated.

Just like the 14-year old Chardine Cheradee Camacho, Gomez (2519) now parades 4.0 points in five games (3 wins, 2 draws) and a rating performance of 2672.

May "The Pope" continue to deliver the 'sermon.' AMEN . . .

0 Comments: