Friday, November 7, 2008

Craving for Garry Kasparov

After Garry Kasparov's official retirement from competitive chess, I started to crave for his new games.


In fact, as I told my friend, Kasparov can beat the reigning world champion Vishy Anand if ever they are pitted against each other anytime from now for a world championship (hehe, makes me a real Kaspy fan).

So when Kasparov conducted a clock simul in Corsica, France (while Kramnik-Anand world championship match was ongoing), I felt like a child whose craving for an ice cream was granted.

Indeed, I'm happy to see the real genius in Kasparov, just like in this game:

[Event "Clock simul Bastia"]
[Site "Ajaccio Corsica France"]
[Date "26.10.2008"]
[White "Kasparov,Gary "]
[Black "Vilaisarn,Akkhavanh "]
[Result "1-0"]

Position after 18. . . Rc8


White to move. Can you play like Kasparov? Can you guess his next move?
Read the related story here (just in case you missed it).
Watch Kasparov's five simul games here

0 Comments: