Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rachelle Pascua

Do you still remember Rachelle Pascua, the one who has so far been the only Pinay to win a medal for the Philippines in the Chess Olympiad?

(NOTE: I already made a previous post about her. You could read it HERE.)

Yours truly is highly privileged to tell you that she dropped me a message which I would like to share with you.

Mabuhay ang mga Pinay!!!

Her message:

Hi Rusticbull! This is Rachelle Pascua. First of all, thank you for writing a blog about myself. I am really humbled & I really appreciate it. NM Erwin Carag & Anonymous both gave you the right information. I became a member of the Philippine team in 1992 (Manila) & 1996 (Yerevan, Armenia). In 1996, that's where we got the bronze medal.

I am currently no longer playing in chess tournaments, but would definitely love to be able to play again. I would like to send my well wishes to our Philippine Chess Team & all the chess players that I know. For you Rusticbull, I wish you good luck & I hope you would continue to inspire more chess players & more people.

-Rachelle Pascua 01/18/2011

A list from IA/NM Erwin Carag showed that Ms. Rachelle is among the few (read: cream of the crop) of the titled players produced by the University of the Philippines Diliman.

Let's look at the list:

NM Florencio Campomanes
NM Glenn Bordonada
IM Ronald Bancod
FM Christopher Castellano
NM Erwin Carag
NM Leonardo Carlos
WNM Catherine PereƱa
WNM Rachelle Pascua
WNM Genevieve Bolico
WNM Christine Grace Espallardo
Candidate FIDE Master March Christian Nazario

Thanks, Ms. Rachelle, for the visit. I hope that you share more of your favorite kuwentos about your heroic and colorful chess stint for Philippine chess.

0 Comments: