Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bangkal Non-Master Rapid Chess Tournament


I heard (although unconfirmed and unofficial) that the Office of Sangguniang Kabataan of Bangkal, Makati City will hold its 2009 edition of Bangkal Non-Master Rapid Chess Tournament this coming Saturday (May 9, 2009).

I tell you, Bangkal SK's version of rapid chess tournament marked a highly excellent impression on me.

Impressive indeed. It's well funded (in fact a very rich tournament for a barangay tournament) and well organized.

Last year's tournament was won by Malibay Chess Club's Merben Roque. And if my memory serves me right, it was Pasay City's Paulo Bersamina who took the title in the Kiddies Division.

I'll visit the venue this Saturday.
(NOTE: The photo above was taken during last year's event.)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

what's the cause of the conflict between attorney and mariano?