Sunday, February 1, 2009

A blogger named "Kiko"

It was Francis "Kiko" Buenaventura, the blogger behind the philippinechesschronicles blog, who introduced me to the world of chess blogging.

You know, it's one of the beauties of chess. You come to know other individuals with the same passion.

I still remember when Kiko was so busy preparing for his first organized community chess tournament in his home village in Cavite.

He was panicky on where to source chess sets and chess clocks for his community project. And so, he resorted to his blog looking for those willing to lend him a hand.

If I remember it right, I emailed him and told him to come to Malibay Plaza (Pasay City) and meet me. I told him I was willing to lend him my chess clock.

It was our first time to meet. We had a short chat and then I handed him my clock.

He said, "Won't you even get my home address?"

I said, "No need. Good luck to your project."

The rest is a simple story of two bloggers helping each other to promote Philippine chess.

Now, he is in Morocco. I'm sure that he will be back blogging very soon.

Once a blogger always a blogger.

Good luck, Kiko, and God bless!

Ingat . . .

0 Comments: