Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pinoy Chess Tactics No.2

I will start to feature a series here which I wanted to call "Pinoy Chess Tactics." I have two goals in mind. First, I would like to hone my tactical skills as I do my blogging. I wish, too, that you, my dear readers, improve your tactical vision as you visit my blog. Second, since I will exclusively feature tactics of Filipino chess players only, this will highlight and celebrate the Filipino talent in the world of chess.

If you noticed, I titled this post as "Pinoy tactics No.2." So where's the Pinoy Tactics No.1? Actually, the Pinoy Tactics No.1 was the previous post "Kiddie Wesley tactics."

Here is today's Pinoy Tactics, which was essayed by the country's No.2 strongest player today, GM Rogelio Antonio Jr.

This game was played between GM Rogelio Antonio Jr. and GM Dao Thien Hai in the 11th round of the 2nd Dato' Arthur Tan Malaysian Open in 2005. This position was reached after Black's 18...Bg7 move.

Guess GM Joey's 19th move. Analyze the position first and guess for the move before clicking the single-move play button (second button from right).

REQUIRES JAVA



1 Comment:

Tony said...

Ayos, 'no guts' no glory'! I'm sure pinag-isipan ng matagal ni gmjoey iyan para siguradong walang kawala!