Thursday, July 9, 2009

GM Su Weili


Mrs. Leny So, the very supportive mother of RP's No.1 woodpusher GM Wesley So, sent me a photo of his prized son taken during his stint in China League 2009.

The photo was a scanned copy of a Chinese newspaper showing Wesley in action against a Chinese player (I don't know the name of his opponent).

I have to content myself with the photo, which speaks of a thousand words anyway.

Seeing Wesley in the picture is enough, forget about the texts.

I just noticed, though, that a little crumpled chess set is being used in this match. I thought that an event of this level would use DGT boards.

Aren't the sponsors of this event the big banks in China?

No wonder why the citizens of Barangay Wesley are having a hard time looking for the PGN of Wesley's games in the China League.

By the way, I hope that you already know by now who GM Su Weili is, haha. Use Babelfish or Google translator.

0 Comments: