Wednesday, July 8, 2009

FIDE Laws of Chess

I already downloaded the revised version (July 1, 2009) of the FIDE Laws of Chess. Here’s the link.

I personally like this latest edition more than the old one. It’s more concise and more understandable to ordinary players.

Check it out. A lot of revisions were introduced.

It is my personal opinion that not only serious and competitive players – but even ordinary players who play chess for fun – should have a copy of the FIDE Laws of Chess.

Treat it as bible in this mind sport.

It’s not enough that we’re good in the game. It’s also important that we know the whole chess battlefield, with all its technicalities, contours, and the likes.

We know that a game can be won or lost – even in international levels – not on the merit of good or bad chess moves but on stupid, or unlearned, technicalities.

The truth is I haven’t finished reading it yet. But I’ll get there soon enough.

Modesty aside, I plan to enter the world of chess arbitration someday. I hope to achieve that goal. Wish me luck . . .

0 Comments: