Monday, April 6, 2009

Countryside chess

This blogger is on vacation, whose fingers are working on the keyboard far away from Manila.

The sad thing is that I have no internet connection in my place here in Salaan, Mangaldan, a barrio in Pangasinan.  My family is here to visit some relatives (my wife's family side).

So I need to go to the town to be able to have some posts.  It's my two days here already but I haven't spotted yet any townfolks playing chess.

I've been scouting the place to meet souls moving the pieces on the board just to find nobody, plain nothing.

I can't help asking myself, "What happened to chess in the countryside?"

Perhaps I have to content myself playing chess on the laptop.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, my wife's family is also from Mangaldan, actually its a place called Lanas, Mangaldan. unfortunately, it was not our time to visit the place this Holy Week,had it been, i would have tried looking for you and engage in a few chess chats. anyway, its a nice place to be, thou too quiet as you have said.

Happy Easter.