Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Akiko Suede

Believe me or not, I really expected RP’s female star player Chardine Cheradee Camacho (2018) to top the Girls U-16 Category ‘unopposed’ in the just concluded 2009 National Age Group tourney.

OK I admit, Camacho’s my bet in that category and is one of my three favorites in the entire tournament. Well, guess my two other favorites, hehe.

That’s why when one of our readers alerted me that Akiko Suede (1867) defeated Camacho, that news really surprised me.

But wait, don’t forget that Camacho has just recovered from chicken pox (the reason why she wasn’t able to participate in the Battle of Grandmasters’ Female Category).

Notably, Suede beat the No.1 seed Camacho using the Black pieces and No.2 Christy Lamiel Bernales (1917) in the penultimate and final rounds, respectively, to finish the tournament unbeaten for a total performance rating of 2079.

I post here some photos of Suede which I personally took during the 1st Bangkal Non-Master Rapid Chess Tournament last year in Makati City where she got the Top Female honor.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

she s hot

Anonymous said...

pang anong place c camacho?

RUSTICBULL said...

camacho placed 4th

Antiquechess said...

This is good for Philippine chess. I always believe and still believe that Camacho could be our first WGM. With the Suede sisters coming to the limelight, wow! This is great news! Camacho, Bernales, Suede sisters, and Cua sisters! I look forward to hearing more successes from these young, talented, and beautiful ladies.

Anonymous said...

MAmaw TLga aNG Suede sisters!
Grabe keep safe lage kakaelib tlga kayO! hindi na namin napgpatuloy ang amin sayang! hahha jen 2!