Thursday, April 9, 2009

Burnham Park chess

Still on my family’s vacation trip, we proceeded from Pangasinan to Baguio City.

From our base in Mangaldan, Pangasinan, it only took us roughly one and a half hours to reach the City of Pines.

The trip brought me back to my highly colorful college day memories in Baguio City. After 14 years – imagine 14 long years – I’m back in Baguio again.

The difference was that I’m back but no longer as an idealistic student. I was there with my wife and two little kids who wanted to go Baguio looking for snow!! Haha . .

A lot of changes had happened in 14 years. New structures, new look – the city is more modern now.

The only thing that didn’t improve – it even worsened in fact – is the traffic. The traffic will drain your patience in Baguio.

One of the many new things in the city is the availability of tiled chess boards near Burnham Park. I took several shots of those concrete chess boards with my son and daughter as my models.

I’m not sure if you could notice that there’s something wrong with how the concrete chess boards were constructed.

Which could lead you to conclude that we need at least chess-knowledgeable construction workers to construct a correct a chess board-table.

0 Comments: