Thursday, January 8, 2009

First move

I chanced to read an article about the country's boxing pride Manny Pacquiao in the December 2008 issue of Reader's Digest.


The article is all about Pacquiao's life -- from his humble beginnings up to his present status as a Filipino billionaire.

In the interview, he was asked: "What do you do to relax?"

Our boxing hero replied: "My free time? This is my free time, working also. Playing darts, chess, golf and basketball, study."

Chess is in his mind and heart, I'm sure of this.

A Manny Pacquiao Chess Cup is not a farfetched idea. The chess community only needs to push the first move, I guess.

Why don't the local chess community send a communication to Pacquiao with the message 1.e4.

Who knows? Pacquiao might reply with 1. . . e5.

And the game goes on . . .

0 Comments: