Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stephen Rome Pangilinan

Remember the name: STEPHEN ROME PANGILINAN.

I saw this kid play during the 1st Mayor Lim Rapid Chess Tournament held in SM Manila. Actually, he was not a tournament participant but only a 'miron' playing near the tournament hall.

I tell you, the way I saw this six-year old kid play, he would surely be a chess champion someday.

I bet my word on this. Stephen Rome Pangilinan will be a chess champion someday.

I don't know this kid personally. I just saw him play once. But I tell you, again, that he will be a chess champion someday.

He is only six years old today. Another Wesley So in the making? Let's see . . .

I don't know but I feel so much optimism for this wonder boy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?issue=2008-12-23&sec=7&aid=81169

Now i knew who you are referring to on your blog post. And i think you erred on stating that the kid would be a chess champion "someday", its should be "anyday". I saw the kid plays in St. Francis square (back of SM Megamall), and yes he can play chess.And mind you the opposition are not weakies this are under-16 players and veterans of numerous age group open tourneys. Now, this child surely has the potential, its up to our national association to support such talent, and we will have a board 5 mainstay for our youth team of So,Pascua,Garcia,Datu and Pangilinan! What pang-ilan? board 5? but im sure time will come if guided properly we might have a secong coming of a wesley so.

gens una sumus
John Manahan

Anonymous said...

Thanks po pag-post nyo kay Penpen.
Prayer works...

To God be ALL the Glory!

genex said...

One of the Kibitzers (pinoymaster77) at CHESSGAMES.COM on GM Wesley So has brought to our attention the exploits of this chess wiz and genius Stephen Pangilinan. Is there any annotation of one or two his games that you can share with us? We will appreciate.

Anonymous said...

Will post tomorrow. His games on QC 14-under against Cantonjos last round Board 1, Dual City Meet 2008 SJDM against Acedo, and 11th Alay kay Mayor in Marikina last round against his kuya Pao.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Bong Pangilinan,

We need to contact you for Steven Rome, please contact me at 09273120888. thank you reply soon.